Wednesday, January 6, 2016

In keeping with the theme of this blog...

These past semester has taught me a lot. I can now update software to a braillenote, and teach career skills, and talk to middle schoolers about social skills. I have learned more than I ever expected at Texas School from the Blind and from the people I've encountered in Austin. But despite all I have learned, I come back to the theme of "Knowing I know nothing."

I went to Texas feeling close to God and thinking I had a pretty good grasp on "faith". I endured long nights of feeling hopeless and despair, and I had great moments of victory. My heart is no doubt changed. If I'm being honest, the process felt a little something like this: feeling fine, starting to doubt, having my heart ripped out and remolded, patiently healing from God's surgery, and then feeling a new heartbeat of faith.

It is amazing to me how I can know so much but know so little about God at the same time. But please don't get me wrong, it is a great relief and comfort to "Know that I know nothing." I would so rather rely on God's all-encompassing wisdom than my incomplete human knowledge.

So I sit here, still fully owning up to and gladly admitting that I "Know I know nothing." But praise God that his grace and knowledge is sufficient for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment