Thursday, January 28, 2016

1-5-15

Time with Hunter just makes me love God more.

Life is more vibrant, more joyful. I feel truly alive.

Food taste better, Car rides are more fun. Walks are more enjoyable. The sky is more beautiful.

But most importantly, doing life with Hunter feels like living on a mission. Spending time with him doesn't feel selfish because it spurs me on to love people well. I know that we're on the same team and have the same mission, so I'm not afraid to put time with him on hold to make conversation with a stranger or spend time encouraging a friend or asking an employee how their day is going.

I am consistently encouraged by the way he lives with his eyes fixed on eternity and by the way he points me back there when my heart is prone to wander.

But as great as Hunter is, he isn't it. I don't try to cling to him or make him my god, because I know that what I need can only be found in Christ. So I still treasure him, but I hold him with a loose grip knowing that he is a gift, a sacrament whose purpose is to point me to worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment