Friday, January 6, 2017

Covenant Sermon

Post thoughts on Ryan's sermon:

Preparing for marriage like we're preparing for christ to come again




Notes from 1/3/17 convo with parents:

  • Taking a beautiful gift and using it as leverage (will say something if it continues to be an issue in the future.
    • So we gave you the ring and you're just going to do what you want anyway
  • Salary and benefits:
    • bleh. Not theirs to worry about. I am doing fine on just my salary. God will provide. Not theirs to choose, it's Hunter's choice what he chooses as a career/vocation
  • It's going to be hot and your make-up will run down your face
  • Told them about possiblity of Indy
  • You need to be in Ft. L for more than a week before the wedding (need to discuss)
  • NOt good listener
    • This isn't set in stone, I wanted to run the dates by you first... you already picked July?
    • Are you looking for jobs in Indiana? Resumes?

Positives:
  • I can understand where youre coming from... July does make more sense
    • time off
    • lease is up
    • more people can come
    • venue is available
  • Dad can still pick details
  • Can your pastor do it at the church? Meant alot that she asked and was cool with it
  • I can also look for more churches (send em to me. Want to hear your input)
  • Coral Gables is a beautiful area
  • Will, Lord willing, be done with internship
  • Start to set boundaries

At the end of the day:
  • Reminder that I deserve worse
    • Think I deserve to be treated better by them. Is it my pride though...
  • It's not their wedding, it's not our wedding... It's God's
  • We are still trying to honor and respect them, but need to be firm
  • After the fact, things will simmer down. Just a short period of time that we need to get through
  • Makes me appreciate Hunter's family... They aren't the norm and the way they respond isn't my standard for my parents... it's just another example of Grace
  • Not willing to compromise on the ceremony. But do want to explain my reasoning why I'm doing certaint things/ the significance
  • Reception is a celebration... more for the parents anyway
  • Could be sweet for my relationship with Dad
    • showing him my desire to be married... it's not just to leave and make him sad
    • might make the transition easier

No comments:

Post a Comment