Friday, January 6, 2017

License Plates

When I think back to an important decision I made 2 years ago to do an internship in Austin, it seems like God made it abundantly clear through people, conversations, prayer, and even license plates. I remember the first appearance a Texas license plate made in my life that summer. I was talking with Emily Knight outside of starbucks on Tennessee St. I remember I was telling her about how quickly and recently Austin had entered my mind. As I told her about some of the confirmation I thought I was getting for it, I remember turning my head just as a car exited the drive-thru... a car with a Texas license plate. I totally freaked out. As silly as a license plate sounds as confirmation from the Lord, I remember really feeling him speaking through it.

As I've been recently considering a move to Indiana, I've been experiencing familiar wavering emotions of fear and excitement. One song in particular that I've been really using to quiet my soul is "God I look to You." Through prayer, conversations with Hunter, and a big change of heart, I have felt God leading me to really consider Indiana. Though at first I was wrestling with a lot of different variables and thinking through all of the things a move would mean, recently God has given me peace in the midst of all the vacillating thoughts.

About a week after I felt His peace in it all, I headed home to see my family for Christmas.
As I made my journey to Ft. Lauderdale, I was caught in the midst of a caravan of Indiana license plates.




1/2/17 Way back to Tampa: 2 Indy



1/3/17: coming home from Armwood




"I will remain confident in this, I will see the goodness of the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment