Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Exodus 30-32

Moses is on Mt. Sinai for 40 days and 40 nights receiving instructions from the Lord on how to prepare the tabernacle (the ark, the table, the lampstand), the altar of burnt offering, the courtyard, oil for the lampstand, the priestly garments ( the ephod and the breastpiece), the altar of incense, atonement money, basin for washing, anointing oil, incense, etc.

The Lord says to Moses: “Go down, because your people, whom you brought out of Egypt, have become corrupt. They have been quick to turn away from what I commanded them and have made themselves an idol cast in the shape of a calf. They have bowed down to it and sacrificed to it and have said, “These are your gods, Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.”

Then he comes down from the mountain and sees that the Israelites grew impatient and fashioned an idol.

When I read this passage, it makes it so clear how wrong idol worship is. I am reminded of how quickly my own heart runs to worship other things.


Lord, help me to remain steadfast in you. Keep my heart and affections from turning to other things in the waiting. Lord, remind me to trust your timing instead of believing the lie that you have forgotten about me.  Remind me that you are working all things for my good and that I don’t need to take matters into my own hands. Instead, help me to cease from striving and to wait with my hands outstretched to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment