Monday, July 2, 2012

Finding Time for God


When you read that title, doesn’t it strike you as a little bit odd? But the reality of it is that we all do this. We all have God on a schedule, whether we realize it or not. When I think of myself trying to “make time” for the creator of time, it just seems so wrong. When did we get the authority to tell our Creator when we would worship him? In Colossians 1:16 it says “For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him.”

In Revelation  4:11 it says “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.” God is definitely worthy and in control for he created all things, including time!

Something that I’ve been convicted of a lot this summer is how poorly I spend my time. I can go through 3 episodes of Grey’s Anatomy with no problem but finding the motivation to pick up my bible is so difficult for me. When I think of the root of the problem, it comes down to what do I really put my faith in? Is this tv series, relationship, phone conversation, whatever it may be, more glorifying to God than spending time with God Himself?

“ Blessed is the man who listens to me,

Watching daily at my gates,

Waiting at my doorposts.”

Proverbs 8:34



Although we think our plans are more important, we have to remind ourselves who we’re up against. Nothing we do will ever matter apart from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment