Tuesday, April 15, 2014

In the Waiting

In the Waiting

I feel like I am always waiting; waiting to hear back from bosses and teachers, waiting for the meeting to start, waiting to see if I’ve gotten the job, waiting for a ride somewhere, waiting between classes…. Just waiting.

But in the waiting God comes to me. In the waiting, God speaks.

Although I feel like I am always waiting, I feel like God sees it as a divine appointment.  Because when I’m waiting, God gets the time. I’m not where I was or where I’m going, I’m resting and available for God.

Like an athlete resting between plays and his coach giving him a quick pep talk before he continues, this is my God in the waiting. He pulls me aside, coaches me up, and sends me on.

“Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.” Psalm 27:14


I often thought I was waiting for an earthly affair, but all the while, I was actually waiting for the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment